Saturday, January 14, 2012

Gratitude.

Yes, I know it's a bit unusual to start by giving thanks for a journey that hasn't happened yet. In fact it hasn't even started -unless, of course, you count the months of planning, preparation, and paperwork...

In a week I will be packed and ready (although probably trying to squeeze another few "what-if-I'm-going-to-need-this?" items into my suitcases and hoping they don't tip the scale!) and making my way to the airport for a 15-hour flight to Johannesburg, South Africa and then on to Cape Town and finally to Stellenbosch. But why wait to recognize the amazing opportunity I have to embark on this experience? My resolution this year to acknowledge these blessings starts at the beginning of my journey. "Dankie" means "thank you" in Afrikaans and I plan on using this word often to express my gratitude, approaching each day with an open mind and open heart. Until next time...

"All that we behold is full of blessings." ~William Wordsworth

No comments:

Post a Comment